Note: Information Reg - Transfer Certificate.
Applying for Transfer Certificate - On or before 21-April-2017
Issue of Transfer Certificate - 27-April-2017
Information Reg - Uniform.
Dates Reg Purchase of Text Books & Note Books.
DONBOSCO MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
SRINIVASA NAGAR, KOLATHUR
Don Bosco, Father of the poor, Friend of the youth, Champion of the abandoned and neglected, Founder of two religious congregations was born on 16th August 1815 at becchi, a village in northern Italy. At the age of two, he lost his father and so he could understand the sentiments of children who lost their parents at a tender age. With a strong determination and readiness to face any challenge, coupled with the help of his beloved mother Margret, he was able to overcome all the difficulties and come u p in life the hardway.
As a youth he used all his God Given natural and supernatural talents to rescue young lads from evil habits and helped them to lead an honest life. He was ordained a priest on 5th June 1841. He started Oratories for the all round formation of the Children. His method of Education is called "The Preventive System". He died on 31st January 1888, at the age of 73. He was declared a Saint by Pope Pius XI on 1st April 1934.
This School follows Matriculation Syllabus of the Tamil Nadu Government. It comes under the Management of the Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore Society; Rev. Fr. O.K. Mathew (1978 - 80) the founder of school, had its humble and hard beginning. Later on Rev. Rf. N.A. Joseph (1980-83) became the Correspondent and he purchased the adjacent land to improve the growing school, which had classes upto Std. V. Rev.Fr. Abraham Kottooparampil had been the Correspondent and Principal of this school from 1983-1994 for a period of 11 years. During his tenure the school developed into a Matriculation Higher Secondary School. Two mighty three storeyed buildings came up with sufficient facilities for lab, computers etc. Rev.Fr.Henrick Jose followed Rev. Fr. Abraham Kottooparampil and served the school from 1994-2002 as the Correspondent of the school to fulfil the continuous request of parents, he put up the Annexe building for primary section.
From May 19,2002 to May 2009, Rev. Fr. Mathew Kottooparampil and able administrator and an educationist has been rendering yeomen service to this school as Correspondent. His vision and foresight would certainly go a long way towards the wonderful growth of this institution. The three storeyed Silver Jubilee Building and the aesthetic beauty of the School Campus stand as a credit to his hard work and enthusiasm. From May 24th 2009 onwards Rev. Fr.S.X. Amalraj has taken on the mantle of administration and has completed two years of service successfully. He constructed a new block named as "SACRED HEART BLOCK' which consists of 3 floors -7 class rooms and one hall named as St.Dominic Savio Hall (a multipurpose hall) The Sisters of St.Joseph of Cluny, have been very much associated with this School from its very inception. It is a Congregation of international standing and reputation, especially in the field of Education from the 18th Century. More...
Our School has five blocks namely- Fr.Abraham's block, Fr.Henrick Block, Mathews Block( Silver Jubille) , Sacred Heart Block, Holy Family Block.Holy Family Block.